Please wait redirecting to SECURE SSL site...
Book Code: 9789386397973
Jai Paul Dudeja
All Prices are including Free shipping via Air-Mail
The Title Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra: An Invincible Armour for Conquering Death written/authored/edited by Jai Paul Dudeja, published in the year 2018. This book has total of pp. 208.The publisher of this title is Kalpaz Publications.This Book is in English.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra can help its chanters in preventing untimely death, curing them from the incurable diseases, lifting them up in the times of trouble, guiding them towards the higher aim of life, and making them immortal even after their physical death.
There are ten chapters in this book. The first chapter gives a brief 'Introduction to Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra'. A detailed coverage of the primordial 'OM' is given in the second chapter of this book. The third chapter describes the meaning and explanation of each word of this Mantra. Different versions of the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra, for different purposes, are covered in the fourth chapter. Some of the tales/stories about this Mantra are given in the fifth chapter. The sixth chapter describes the details of the world's oldest “Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra temple”. The seventh chapter describes various types of sadhana techniques based on this Mantra. The eighth chapter describes the spiritual and scientific significance of the numbers, 108 and 1008, for chanting of mantra. Ninth chapter covers the research studies on this Mantra carried out till date. The tenth chapter mentions the benefits accrued to the chanters of this great Mantra.
There are very few books on “Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra” available openly to the readers. Keeping this in view, this author wrote this book with a sincere desire that it will fill that gap and benefit a large number of readers and the genuine seekers.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Born in 1948, Prof. (Dr.) Jai Paul Dudeja holds a brilliant academic record throughout his career. With a Master's degree from Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani and a Ph.D. degree from IIT Delhi, he has more than 45 years of experience of teaching, research and administration in reputed academic institutions and research organizations. Since August 2012, he has been working as a Director at Amity University Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
Dr. Dudeja has authored more than 65 research papers and co-authored/edited several monographs and conference proceedings. He is also on the editorial board of several international journals. Dr. Dudeja has also authored a book titled, “Gayatri Mantra: A GPS to Enlightenment”. In 2008, he got the honour of getting his name entered as the “World's who's who.”
Dr. Dudeja wrote this book on Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra based on his intimacy and obeisance for this great Mantra. He has been regularly reciting and reaping the divine fruits of this Mantra for the past several years.
Preface . 7
1. Introduction to Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra . 11
• What is a Mantra? • Meaning of Maha Mrityunjaya Matra • Ishta Devata (Presiding Deity) of Maha Mrityunjaya Matra • The Power of the Mantra and an interesting story behind it.
2. Primordial, Sacred Syllable ‘OM’ . 21
• Introduction • ‘OM’ is Primordial • ‘OM’ is Apaurusheya • ‘OM’ is Perennial • ‘OM’ is Universal • Introduction to Ancient Hindu Texts • The Vedas
• The Upanishads • Post-Vedic Texts • The Bhagavad Gita • The Smritis • The Puranas • ‘OM’ in Hinduism • OM in Rig Veda • OM in Yajur Veda • OM in Aitareya- Brahmana • OM in Brihadaranyaka Upanishad • OM in Chandogya Upanishad • OM in Katha Upanishad • OM in Mandukya Upanishad • OM in Prashna Upanishad • OM in Shvetashvatara Upanishad • OM in Bhagavad Gita • OM in Manu Smriti • OM in Mandukya Karika • OM in Satyartha Prakash • ‘OM’ Chanting • Scientific Analysis of ‘OM’ • Om Chanting and the Frequency of Om.
3. Meaning and Significance of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra . 45
• Word-to-Word Meaning of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra • Syllables and Padas in Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra.
4. Different Versions of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra . 57
• Rigveda (7.59.12) • Yajurveda (3.60) • Atharvaveda (14.1.17) • Taittiriya Samhita (5.4.12) • Shukla Yajurveda Samhita (Mrita-Sanjivani Mantra)
• Shukracharya Mrita Sanjivani Mantra • Amrit Sanjivani Mantra • Laghu (Small) Mrityunjaya Mantra • Triakshar (Smallest) Mrityunjaya Mantra • Yet another version of Mrita Sanjivani Mantra • Puranokta Mrityunjaya Mantra • Puranic Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra • Another Shorter Version of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra • Healing Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra • Simpler version of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra • Shukracharya to Dadhichi Mantra • Glory of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra as in “Maha Mrityunjaya Stotram” • Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in Harivamsa Parva • Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in Sri Rudram • Description of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in “Maha Mrityunjaya Kavacham’’ • Sri Rudram - Namakam and Chamakam • Glory of Trayambaka in Linga Purana • Mrityunjaya rudraya neelakanthaya • Some More Scriptures where this Mantra is found.
5. Some Tales Related to Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in Indian Mythology. 73
• Story Number 1 • Story Number 2 • Story Number 3, The Story of Markandeya • Story Number 4, The Story of Shvetha • Story Number 5 • Story Number 6.
6. The Oldest Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra-temple in the World: Jageshwar Dham. 81
• Jageshwar Dham • Maha Mrityunjaya Temple at Jageshwari • Some notes about the architecture of Maha Mrityunjaya temple • Vriddh Jageshwar
• Dandeshwar temple • Historical Origin of Maha Mrityunjaya Temple at Jageshwari.
7. Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra-based Meditation (Japa/Dhyana/Sadhana) . 91
• Chanting (Japa) of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra • Methods of Chanting Mantra • Baikhari (Audible) • Advantages of Baikhari Chanting • Upanshu (whispering) • Advantages of “Upanshu” • Manasik (Mental) • Advantages of Mental Chanting • Some Guidelines for Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra-based Meditation/Japa/Dhyan • Japa by Rudraksha Mala • About Rudraksha Beads • Ek mukhi, panchmukhi Rudraksha Beads • About Rudraksha Mala • Benefits of Chanting through Rudraksha Mala • Maha Mrityunjaya Yantra • How the Yantra is prepared • The Mantra for the Yantra • Significance and Benefits of Maha Mrityunjaya Yantra • Mrityunjaya Patala • Maha Mrityunjaya Matra Homam/Havan/Yagya • Procedure for Mrityunjaya Havan • Timing • Required Items • Method For Havan • Abhisheka: Shiva Puja • Legend about Shiva Abhishekam • Procedure for Abhisheka • Rituals along with Mantras • Benefits for the Materials used for Abhishekam.
8. Significance of Auspicious Numbers 108 and 1008 for Mantra Chanting, Japa, Sadhana and meditation . 113
• Spiritual and Scientific Significance of the Number 108 • Number 108 in Hinduism • Number 108 in Buddhism • Number 108 in Jainism • Number 108 in Christianity • Number 108 in Sikhism • Number 108 in Spirituality in General • Significance of Number 108 in other areas • In Astrology • In Astronomy
• In Arithmetic • In Geometry • In Human Health • In Periodic Table • In History of Religion • In Martial Arts • In Countries outside India • Significance of the Auspicious Number 1008 • Number 1008 in Hinduism • Number 1008 in Jainism • Significance of Angel Number 1008 in Roman Catholicism • 1008 Mahayugas.
9. Research Studies on Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra and Meditation . 183
• Brainwaves • Gamma Waves (40-100 Hz) • Beta Waves (12-40 Hz) • Alpha Waves (8-12 Hz) • Theta Waves (4-8 Hz) • Delta Waves (0-4 Hz) • More on the Role of Sound in the Universe • Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra Meditation has Electromagnetic Cosmic Energy • Effect of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra on Reducing Different Disorders • Effect of Mantra on Levels of Depression and Self Esteem • Effect of Mantra on the Cancer Survivors • Effect of Mantra on the Neck Pain.
10. Benefits of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra Dhyan/Sadhana . 193
Bibliography . 201
Index . 205
www.gyanbooks.com is not be responsible for typing or photographical mistake if any. Prices are subject to change without notice.
© 2003-18 GYAN BOOKS PRIVATE LIMITED. All Rights Reserved.
Last updated: 23-Jun-2018 Designed by IndiaPRIDE.com