Book Code: 9789386397171
All Prices are including Free shipping via Air-Mail
The Title A Comparative Study of Regional Autonomy Models in Jammu and Kashmir written/authored/edited by Showkat Ahmad, published in the year 2018. This book has total of pp. 184.This Book is in english.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Jammu and Kashmir is a heterogeneous state with varied geographical regions and sub-regions, representing different climates, flora and fauna. People possess different ethnic backgrounds, profess different faiths, follow different cultural traditions and speak different languages. What is more significant is that people living in these regions are yet to attain a uniform level of economic development. The internal politics of the state, marked by intra- regional tensions, has influenced the attitude of the people on the question of their external affiliations. In each of the three regions of the state, Kashmir valley, Jammu and Ladakh, a different attitude on the issue of accession can be clearly noticed from the very day of the state's accession to India. A sort of local nationalism has developed in all the three regions of the state. People's alienation from the national identity has been constant problem in Kashmir since long. They tend to give more importance to ethno - religious and regional identities than to considerations of unified state and the nation. The present work provides a scholarly understanding of the nature of intra-regionalism and its framework for resolution. It also explores the way out for the larger issue of Kashmir problem while emphasizing the internal dynamics of Kashmir politics.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Showkat Ahmad is born and brought up in the conflict torn region of Kashmir valley. He did his Master's Degree and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) in Political Science from the University of Kashmir. The author has published good number of Research Papers in reputed journals both at national and international level. His areas of research are Kashmir Politics, State Politics, Indian Political System and Indian Political thought. He was associated with teaching in the Department of Politics and Governance, Central University of Kashmir. He qualified UGC NET and JKSET Examinations. He was awarded the Doctoral fellowship from the ICSSR, New Delhi. Presently, he teaches in the Department of Political Science, University of Kashmir, Srinagar.
Preface . 7
Acknowledgement . 11
1. Introduction . 13
• Secularisation of Kashmir Politics and Accession with India • Notes.
2. Identity and Regional Aspirations in Jammu and Kashmir . 29
• Regional Identities and Regional Consciousness in J&K• Kashmiri Identity and Regional Consciousness • Jammu Identity and Regional Consciousness
• Ladakhi Identity and Regional Consciousness • Sub-Regional Identities in Jammu and Kashmir • Jammu: Gujjars, Paharis, Dogras • Pahari Identity • Panun Kashmir Movement of Kashmiri Pundits • Notes.
3. Regional Autonomy Models: A Comparative Study. 81
• Regional Autonomy Model of National Conference • Regional/Provincial Councils (Model – I) • District Councils (Model – II) • Culture And Autonomy
• Balraj Puri’s Regional Autonomy Model • Political Autonomy • Cultural Autonomy • Financial Autonomy • Outlines for criteria of sharing of funds between state and regions • A. Receipts of the state; internal revenue. • Negotiated loans and market borrowings. • State Share of Grants • Formula for Allocation of Grants • Variables • B. Taxes • Local Bodies • Self Rule Model of Peoples Democratic Party • (i) New Political Superstructure and Self Rule • (ii) Economic Integration and Self Rule • (iii) Constitutional Restructuring and Self Rule • Demilitarisation and Self Rule • Autonomy and Self Rule • Chenab Formula Model
• Kashmir in Chenab Formula • Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council Model • Formal Structure and Electoral Policy of the Council • Powers and Functions of the Council • Hill Council, Autonomy and Community • The Issue of Development and Council • Notes.
4. Regional Autonomy Models: An Analysis . 129
5. Summary and Conclusion . 157
• Bibliography • Primary Sources • Secondary Sources/Books and Articles • Interviews • Journals, Magazines Local/National • National News Papers • Local News Paper.
6. Bibliography . 165
Index . 175
www.gyanbooks.com is not be responsible for typing or photographical mistake if any. Prices are subject to change without notice.
© 2003-18 GYAN BOOKS PRIVATE LIMITED. All Rights Reserved.
Last updated: 20-Oct-2018 Designed by IndiaPRIDE.com