Book Code: 1111015811748
All Prices are including Free shipping via Air-Mail
The Title 'Maternal Health Care: Study of Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) in Uttarakhand written/authored/edited by Archana Sinha', published in the year 2018. The ISBN 9788189762674 is assigned to the Hardcover version of this title. This book has total of pp. 143 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Indian Social Institute (Gyan Publishing House). This Book is in English. The subject of this book is Women Studies / Healthcare. POD
ABOUT THE BOOK
Maternal health is a globally accepted important human development indicator. International community recognizes maternal well being as basic human right of women. Through various conventions United Nations Organisation has tried to make member states responsible for providing quality health care to its citizens. Reduction of maternal mortality is an area of concern for the Governments across the globe. Maternal health care for women who are poor, and facing multiple vulnerabilities and biases continues to be inadequate. Health budgets, adequate, skilled, gender sensitive health personnel, remain inadequate. Services don’t reach the mothers who need them, even years after various schemes. Uttarakhand being a high focus state of the National Health Mission. Still a significant number of home deliveries take place because of the difficult terrain, lack of transport facilities. The mothers and newborns need much better care and support than what they receive in many parts, especially if they are poor and the newborn is a girl child.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Archana Sinha, a Doctorate in Agricultural Economics, currently is Fellow and Head, of the Department of Women's Studies; and just before this she was Head, of the Department of Rural and Urban Studies, Indian Social Institute, Lodi Road, New Delhi, India for the past several years. She is responsible for implementing research on various women issues, rural and urban based issues on gender and development, women at work, social conflict, agriculture related rural economy, livelihood, gender and social exclusion, food security, nutrition, health promotion, MDGs and now SDGs related issues, etc. She is also involved in research studies, proposals, plans and surveys. She worked for evaluation studies and impact assessment in several flagship development programmes of Government of India with experiences drawn from the field and research. Also involved in publications of research reports, designing, conducting and organizing research methodology, advocacy and capacity building programs, networking and collaborating with similar other organizations in research, capacity building in research, etc and advocacy programs. She has written extensively on agriculture, gender, water, labour, food security, health & nutrition, and issues related to sustainable development and and human development.
Foreword . 11
Acknowledgements . 15
Glossary of Abbreviations . 17
1. Understanding Maternal Health Care in India . 21
• Socio-Demographic Influences and Maternal Health • Recognizing Maternal Health Care System • Contextual Framework • Conceptual Framework
• Objectives of the Study • Study Area • Methodology • Data Collection Tools • Sample Selection • Sample Size.
2. Promoting Safe Institutional Delivery . 41
• Understanding Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) • Health System and Service Providers • Accessibility of Health System and Quality of Care.
3. Health Status Profile of Uttarakhand . 53
• Public Health Institutions and Professionals.
4. Access and Utilization of Janani Suraksha Yojana in Uttarakhand . 59
• Characteristics of Respondents’ Households • Practices of Health Care by Respondent Women and Extent of JSY Use • Problems Faced by Partial-Users or Non-Users of Janani Suraksha Yojana • Status of Maternal Health Care Utilisation in Uttarakhand • Pregnancy Related Beliefs and Practices • General Awareness and Perception about JSY.
5. Critique of Service Providers and Health Institutions in Uttarakhand . 99
• Selected Service Providers • Perception of Health Service Providers on Utilization Level of Maternal Health Services • Challenges of JSY Service Providers • Response of Health Service Providers on Institutional Deliveries • Selected Health Institutions.
6. Maternal Health Care and the Way Forward . 119
• Major Findings • Recommendations.
Bibliography . 131
Index . 137
www.gyanbooks.com is not be responsible for typing or photographical mistake if any. Prices are subject to change without notice.
© 2003-19 GYAN BOOKS PRIVATE LIMITED. All Rights Reserved.
Last updated: 19-Jun-2019 Designed by IndiaPRIDE.com