Book Code: 1111012715191
Kalluri Lakshmi Narasimha Murthy
All Prices are including Free shipping via Air-Mail
The Title 'International Geographical Research : A Survey written/authored/edited by Kalluri Lakshmi Narasimha Murthy', published in the year 2018. The ISBN 9788121214322 is assigned to the Hardcover version of this title. This book has total of pp. 242 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Gyan Publishing House. This Book is in English. The subject of this book is Geography. POD
ABOUT THE BOOK
The present book provides an information of geographical research trends at the international level for understanding of the structural process, in a given environment over Space and Time (S and T). The volume leaves an indelible mark for research on the spatio-temporal analysis of international geographer's contribution upon different continents. The total research survey has been conducted at these levels (i.e.) macro level at the international level, Meso level @ Nation's level and micro level at district head quarters university and its performance.
This volume has been divided into 9 chapters; Introduction is presented in the first chapter. Second, third and fourth chapters deals with physical geography, economic geography and urban geography respectively. Fifth chapter deals with rural geography and regional geography. Applied bibliometric Seventh chapter has been designed to present “Progress in Indian Geography” and also referred and presented six papers of 33rd International Geographical Congress, Beijing, China, Asia. Micro level planning and integrated area development studies are presented in the seventh chapter.
Finally, conclusions are presented in the ninth chapter besides presenting a way forward for geographers to put in extensive efforts and intensive efforts in order to reach highest point in geographical research, two research papers have been presented, one deals with the evaluation of research papers and evolution and evaluation of rural resource base, pattern of development and changes in Vegeswarapuram,Tallapudi mandal, west Godavary district, AP, Inadi to help young research students.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. Kalluri Lakshmi Narasimha Murty was born on second September, 1949 in Vegeswarapuram, had his school education in P.S.J.B. School and K.S.R.Z.P.H. School over a period of eleven years (1955-1966), Graduated from D.N.R. Collage, Bhimavaram, affiliated to Andhra University, Waltair. He had his M.A. (Geography) with specialisation on Agricultural Geography, Osmania University, Hyderabad in 1973 a Ph.D (Regional Planning) from Andhra University, Waltair in 1985. He worked as Junior Lecturer, Senior Lecturer and Reader in Geography in Government College, Rajahmundry, Government College (Men) and Government College (Women), Srikakulam from 1976-2006 July and from 1st August to April 22, 2007 as Principal (FAC), Government U.G. and P.G. College (Women), Srikakulam and 23rd April, 2007 to 30th September, 2007 as Principal, Government U.G. and P.G. Collage (men), Srikakulam. He has received the A.P. State award in recognition of the best services rendered as teacher in 1995 and an author of 15 books.
Nine research projects were completed, among them are, one in Government College (Men), Srikakulam and in Government College (Women), Srikakulam and had completed Flood Prone Areas and Drought Prone Areas, financed by UGC, New Delhi and S.R.C. UGC, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh respectively.
Andhra Pradesh State Level Seminar on “Environment and Development” was conducted with the assistance of Indian Council of Social Science Research, ICSSR, Southern Region, Osmania University, Hyderabad and CPDC, GCUG & P.G. (Men), Srikakulam, on 25th and 26th September, 2007 in Government UG and PG College (Men), Srikakulam, AP. India.
Foreword . 11
Preface . 13
Acknowledgements . 15
l. Introduction . 17
• Need to conduct a Survey • Data Collection at the International Level • International Platform • District Level Platform • Big Gap • Bridging the Gap
• Individual Efforts of the Author • Spatial Units for Sampling • Objectives • Time Element • Report • Conclusion.
2. Physical Geography: A Survey (International Level) . 25
• Quantitative Geography and Climatology • L.King is inclined to support Strahler • Terrian Studies • Climatology • Remote Sensing and GIS • Spatial
Thinking & Geographic Information Science • Land-Use & Land Cover Dynamics • Land-Use Geography/PoliticaI Economy • Analysis • Gaps in • Research • Task Ahead • Notes.
3. Economic Geography: A Survey (International Level) . 41
• Economic - Geographic Situation • Ecology • Vegetation • Human Mangrove interactions • Livestock • Human Environment Interaction • Sustainable
Development • Land use change • Spatial and temporal evolution - Economy • Global Structure • Global Change Economy • Remote Sensing • Digital
Geography • Carbon Emissions • Reposition/Urban-Economic & Cultaral Processes • Geopolitical Concerns • Analysis• Gaps • Tasks Ahead • Impact
Assessment • Conclusion • Notes.
4. Urban Geography: A Survey (International Geographic Research) . 57
• Urban Ecology and Urban Environment • Urbanized Lands • Urban land cover • Urbanization • Environmental Governance / Urban Geography • Methodology • Globalization & Technology • Urban Growth • Refugees & Settlements • Resettlement Issues • Urban Sprawl • Urban Workers and Immigrants • Urban Poverty • Rural - Urban Interaction • Immigration • Urban Health • GIS Methodology • Remote Sensing & GIS in Urban Studies • Tec & Economy • IT and Software Services • Culture Qatar Pride / Urban Geography/ Global visibility • Gaps in Literature • Step • Future areas of research • Conclusion • Notes.
5. Rural Geography, Regional Planning and Development Planning (International Level) . 73
• Cultural Elements of Geography • Regional Geography• Population Estimates • Population and Mobilities • Land Rights • Health & Sanitation • Methodology
• Civil Conflict • Migration and Migrants • Immigration • Refugees and Rehabilitation process • Social Welfare payments • Millennium Development
Goals • Millennium Development as a process of Development • Cluster Development Regional Innovation • Environmental Justice Problem / Social
advantages & disadvantages • Natural Hazards • Economic Globalization • Gaps in Research • Future Research • Conclusion • Notes.
6. Bibliometric Analysis Of The Research Papers Published @ International Level: An Evaluation (Based On 5 Years Period) . 87
• Methodology • Analysis • Methodology of collection of data • Gross Observations • Gross Observations - Horizontal Scenario • Gross Observations -Total
(Horizontal) • Degree of Collaboration • Conclusion • Reference.
7. Indian’s Contribution To Indian Geographical Research - An Overview . 97
• Introduction • Methodology • The review of the entire text has been presented in the following paragraphs, theme-wise form as environment & development
• Geographical Landscape - Karnataka • Geomorphology • District Study • Geospatial Approach: • Remote Sensing and GIS • District Level Studies through
Remote Sensing and GIS Methodology • Urban Geography • Urbanization • M.P. State//Capital// • Two Cities • Rural - Urban Fringe • Study of Taluk in a District Framework • Kashmir Valley • State Study • Land Use and Agriculture • Enterprise Development / Tea-Culture • State Level Study - Haryana • District Study • Infrast ructural Facilities • Rural and Regional Development - Koppal District • Regional Development • Gaps in Literature (Observed) • Tasks Ahead • Observations • Conclusion • Notes.
8. Micro Level Planning and Intergrated Area Development - State & District Level Studies . 119
• Statement of problem • Survey of Literature • Hierarchy of planning regions - Concepts • Spatial Planning • Post 2000 year • Gaps in Literature • Nature and
Scope of the Study • Objectives of the study • Hypotheses • Methodology • Factor Analysis Method • Sectors and Development Indicators: • Economic Infrastructure • Social Infrastructure • Population • Nature, level of study and methodology • Research Design (Policy decisions) • Present Study • Plan Period 2011-2021 • Tentative Chapaterization • Bibliometric Analysis • Applied Bibiometric Methodology • Analysis Observations • Part-b • Introduction• Literature• Role of Periodic Markets and Rural Development • Objectives of the project • Hypothesis • Research Design • Methodology • Tools for collection of data • Plan Period • Significance of the Study • Relevance to the present day problems and needs of the society and the Country • Likely Contribution to Knowledge • Reference • Part-C • Year of Establishment: 1985 • Table-81Faculty • Courses Offered • Activities • Analysis • Conclusion • Notes.
9. Summary and Conclusions . 157
• Physical geography: A Survey (International Level) deals with quantitative Geomorphology and Climatology in Chapter-2 is presented • In the third chapter,
the entire text of the survey has been designed and organized with the sub-heads. • Conclusion.
RESEARCH PAPER - ONE
Bibliometric Analysis of the Geographical Journals: 2011-2017 K.L. Narasimha Murthy . 165
• Narasimha Murthy • Introduction • Literature Review • Gaps in Literature • Objectives • Material and Methods • Analysis • Gross Observation • Typology
of Articles (loss and gain analysis • Gross Observations • Ranking of different authored papers • Findings • Conclusion • Notes.
RESEARCH PAPER – ONEResource Base and Pattern of Development A Case Study of Vegeswarapuram Village of Tallapudi Mandal, West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh, India . 183
• Introduction • Literature Survey • Physical Factors • Economic Factors • Infra Factors • Cultural Centres • Communication • Land Registration • Artisians
Annexures . 211
Index . 231
www.gyanbooks.com is not be responsible for typing or photographical mistake if any. Prices are subject to change without notice.
© 2003-19 GYAN BOOKS PRIVATE LIMITED. All Rights Reserved.
Last updated: 20-Feb-2019 Designed by IndiaPRIDE.com