Book Code: 9789380223254
Madhab Chandra Dash
All Prices are including Free shipping via Air-Mail
The Title Readings In Ecology and Environmental Science written/authored/edited by Madhab Chandra Dash, published in the year 2018. This book has total of pp. 410.The publisher of this title is GenNext Publications.This Book is in English.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Readings in Ecology and Environmental Science:
· The book contains six chapters with 23 selected papers on contemporary ecological and environmental issues.
· Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 include nine papers dealing with Environmental Education, Ecosystem Analysis and Biodiversity, both above ground and below ground and their utility for mankind.
· Chapter 3 and 4 include eight papers dealing with food security, global warming and climate change issues with up to date knowledge, which are considered as biggest challenge to mankind.
· Chapter 5 and 6 include six papers on Environmental pollution issues, the greatest challenge for scientists and technologists to abate it, and on Scientific Temper, which is very important for inculcation in our society.
· This book will provide resource materials to college and university students in the disciplines of Environmental Science, Life Science, Botany, Zoology, Geography and Social Sciences and it will be refreshing for the general public to read the papers, written in popular science language.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Professor Madhab Chandra Dash (born 1939) received his higher education from Ravenshaw College, Utkal University, and University of Calgary, Canada. He taught ecology, quantitative ecology and biostatistics as a Professor from 1976 to 1999 in Life Sciences at Sambalpur University, Chairman, State Pollution Control Board, Odisha (1997-2001), Vice Chancellor, Sambalpur University,(2001-2004) and as a member of Environmental Appellate Authority of the Government of Odisha( 2005-2014).
Prof. Dash is an ecologist and Environmental Scientist, nationally and internationally known for his work on soil biology, Ecoenergetics, Sea Turtle conservation, Amphibian metamorphosis and in EIA and EMP.
He has written many books including 'Fundamental of Ecology' for McGraw-Hill Company, New Delhi and two books; Charles Darwin's Plough: Tools for Vermitechnology' and 'Concepts of Environmental Management for Sustainable Development' for I.K International Publisher New Delhi and book chapters for Academic Press,New York, John-Wiley & Sons, New York, Cambridge University Press, UK, and delivered the 4th centenary memorial lecture by invitation from National Institute of Ecology in honour of Late Prof.Ramdeo Misra in 2012.
Professor Dash is a Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, India and presided the Zoology, Entomology & Fisheries sectional proceedings of the 99th session of Indian Science Congress held at Anna University, Chennai.
For his work on various aspects of Ecological Sciences, he was honoured with 'Samanta Chandra Sekhar' award (1991) and 'senior scientist award (2006)' by the Odisha Science (Bigyan) Academy. He was awarded Society of Geoscientists and Allied Technology's (SGAT) 'Excellence in research award' (2003). He was also awarded the 'Life Time Achievement awards' from SGAT, Orissa, Environmental Society (OES), and from Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA)-Bhubaneswar Chapter.
He taught Ecology as a visiting professor at National Institute of Science Education & Research(NISER) at Bhubaneswar from 2012-2017.
Part I : Environmental Education
1. What is Environmental Education? 11
2. Ecosystem Analysis: Concept of Ecosystem and Ecosystem Diversity 27
Part II : Biodiversity
3. What is Biodiversity? 45
4. History of Sacred Groves and their Role in Maintaining Socio-Religious Unity and Ecosystem Conservation with Examples from Odisha, India 73
5. Soil Biodiversity and Earthworms 89
6. Earthworms in the Himalaya and Western Ghats Region of India: A Review 105
7. Bioresources as a Tool for Food Security and
Sustainable Development for Rural Livelihood in India
in The Context of Industrial Development and
Environmental Protection: An Overview 127
8. Conservation and Management of Natural Resources: An Overview 149
9. Wildlife Conservation: An Over View of Existing Laws for Their Protection 159
Part III : Food Security, Environment and Energy
10. Food Security is the Call of the Time 171
11. Environment, Energy, and Development from Stockholm to Copenhagen and Beyond the Celebrations 191
Part IV : Global Warming and Climate Change
12. Is there an Upper and Lower Limit for Carbon dioxide in the Atmosphere for Biodiversity to Function in the Context of Climate Change? 211
13. Impact of Climate Change on Natural and Man-made 223
14. Recent Trend in Climate Change – International and National Scenario from IPCC 235
15. Climate Change and Paris Deal: A Review 255
16. A Comparison of Industrial Green House Gas Emissions (GHG) and Carbon Sink Potential of Forest Vegetation in Orissa, in the Context of Climate Change 271
17. Carbon Sequestration and Role of Earthworms in Indian Land Uses: A Review 291
18. Load of Pollutants and Green House Gas (GHG) in the Atmosphere in India and the GHG Sink Factor 311
19. Environmental Pollution Control Laws applicable to Mining: An Overview 319
20. Industrial Impact On Skin And Respiratory System: A Case Study Of Health Hazards In Balasore, Orissa 343
21. Concept of Green Mining 355
Part VI : What is Scientific Temper?
22. Fostering Scientific Temper 371
www.gyanbooks.com is not be responsible for typing or photographical mistake if any. Prices are subject to change without notice.
© 2003-18 GYAN BOOKS PRIVATE LIMITED. All Rights Reserved.
Last updated: 16-Nov-2018 Designed by IndiaPRIDE.com