Book Code: 1111015811751
All Prices are including Free shipping via Air-Mail
The Title 'Indian Philosophy: Arguments and Counterarguments written/authored/edited by K. Srinivas', published in the year 2018. The ISBN 9788121214506 is assigned to the Hardcover version of this title. This book has total of pp. 202 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Gyan Publishing House. This Book is in English. The subject of this book is Philosophy / Social Science. POD
ABOUT THE BOOK
The present work contains a collection of essays on different themes focusing on the fundamental issues found in the classical and contemporary Indian philosophical tradition. Some of the essays focus on general themes, and the others are specific to a given theme. However, one may find connectivity among them for the peculiarity of Indian philosophical tradition is that the issues concerning metaphysics, ontology, epistemology, logic, psychology, ethics, and religion are promiscuously mixed up with one another. A faithful exposition of each of the doctrines is provided along with author’s concluding remarks.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
K. Srinivas (b.1955) received his M.A. (1976) and Ph.D. (1983) in Philosophy from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, and Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, respectively. He taught at Madras Christian College (Autonomous) from 1985 to 1989 before joining Pondicherry University. His fields of interest are epistemology (eastern & western), analytic philosophy, philosophy of science, modern logic, and Hinduism. His publications include: An Evaluation of A.J Ayer's Logical Positivism (1989), A Dictionary of Philosophy (1991), P.T. Raju (2001) under the Builders of Indian Philosophy Series, A Concise Dictionary of Philosophy (2007), Morality, Freedom, and Social Construction (2010), Logical Positivism Revisited (2011), Buddhist Ethics in Impermanence (2011), Philosophical Fragments (2012), and Gandhi the Pacifist (2015). Prof. Srinivas presented papers in national and international seminars, and published a number of papers in reputed journals of philosophy. He was a visiting faculty at many Universities in India and abroad.
Preface . 13
1. Reunderstanding Indian Philosophy: Some Reflections of S.S. Barlingay. 23
2. Did Nāgārjuna’s Mādhyamika Influence Gauoeapāda?. 41
3. The Social Dynamics of Engaged Buddhism. 55
4. Pūrva-Mīmāôsā on Space and Time. 65
5. Philosophical and Spiritual Dimensions of Yoga. 75
6. A Phenomenological Approach to I-Consciousness with Special Reference to P.T. Raju. 91
7. Is Self-Knowledge Possible?. 101
8. Salient Features of Śrī Rāmānuja’s Qualified Non-Dualism. 113
9. Some Indian Theories of Meaning. 12710. The Other in Indian Philosophy. 147
11. The Integral Philosophy of Sri Aurobindo . 159
12. The Need for Comparative Philosophy. 183
www.gyanbooks.com is not be responsible for typing or photographical mistake if any. Prices are subject to change without notice.
© 2003-19 GYAN BOOKS PRIVATE LIMITED. All Rights Reserved.
Last updated: 19-Jun-2019 Designed by IndiaPRIDE.com