Book Code: 1111012715209
U. S. Saranya
All Prices are including Free shipping via Air-Mail
The Title 'Decibel Amplified: Breaking The Silence Of Exclusion written/authored/edited by U. S. Saranya', published in the year 2018. The ISBN 9789386397812 is assigned to the Hardcover version of this title. This book has total of pp. 176 (Pages). The publisher of this title is Kalpaz Publications. This Book is in English. The subject of this book is Dalits. POD
ABOUT THE BOOK
The present book is a compilation of 14 scholarly articles which are representative in Dalit literary theory and practice. All the articles in the book are meant for the beginning scholars as well as the teachers in the area of Dalit literature in general and Dalit Novel in particular. The articles deal with the caste discrimination, gender dominance, oppression, poverty, denial of education, power politics, inequality, subjugation etc. The book exclusively focuses on Dalit novel and it showcases the variety of writers from different states of India and how they have represented their feelings as a Dalit within the Dalit community and outside the Dalit community. The book mainly focuses on the novels available in English translation. The Dalit novel remains a messenger and instrument for taking ahead the ideology of the Dalits from one to the rest of their communities. Going through the book we could understand that the Dalit novel depicts how the Dalits, with collective consciousness and self-assertion, rebel and turn their wheel of life from the stage of downtrodden to the stage of self-respect.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. U.S. Saranya holds a B.ED, M.A and PhD in English. She is presently placed as Assistant Professor of English in SASTRA University, Tanjore. She worked as Assistant Professor of English in VIT Bhopal. She has 67 publications to her credit which includes 3 Books, 3 Scopus, 22 Ebsco, 21 online research papers and 21 conference proceedings. Besides presenting 45 research papers in conferences she has convened and co-convened various workshops in Academic writing and also attended various faculty development programmes and workshops on varied themes of language, literature, culture studies, personality development and soft skills. Her area of specialization includes Interdisciplinary Philosophy and Literature, Subaltern and Gender Studies.
Preface . 9
Foreword . 13
Acknowledgements . 15
1. State wise Critical view of Dalit Literature and its perspectives . 17
• Marati • Gujarat • Tamil • Karantaka • Telugu • Punjab • Hindi • Malayalam • References.
2. Origin of Novels in English and Evolution of Dalit Novels: A Critical Study . 33
• Pre-Independence Novelist in India • After Independence • Dalit Literature in India • Features of Dalit Novel • Reference.
3. “Writing the Rape: A Critical Study of Rape Narratives through Feminist and Dalit Lens” . 45
• Introduction • Reference.
4. The Narratives of Sex and Religion: A Critical Study of Kancha Ilaiah’s Untouchable God . 53
• Conclusion • Reference.
5. Dalit Assertion through Effective Characters: A Study of Joseph Macwan’s Novel Stepchild . 63
• Setting • Time • Characters • References.
6. Narrating the Emergence of the Dalit Politics and Vengence: A Comparative Study of Joseph Macwan’s Step Child and Sharankumar Limbale’s Hindu . 71
7. Dalit Fiction Realistic Fiction: Critical Study . 83
• Introduction • References.
8. Life Unsettled and Discrimination Unended: A Dalit Feminist Study of P. Sivakami’s The Taming of Women. 95
9. Untouchable God by Kancha Ilaiah: A Thematic Study . 105
• Caste Discrimination • Inferior Vs Superior • Sexual workers/ Widow • Education for women • Poverty • Reference.
10. Joseph Macwan’s Step Child: A Thematic study . 117
• Caste discrimination • Friendship • Love and Marriage • The act of Bravery • Support of the law • Conclusion • Reference.
11. Thematic study of Sharankumar Limbale’s Novel Hindu . 129
• Social Back Ground of the Novel • Setting • Themes • Denial of Education • Religious Views • Sufferings of Women • Love and Marriage • References.
12. Caste, Sub-Caste and Gender issues in Bama’s Vanmam - Vendetta: A Study . 141
13. Education as a tool for the Emancipation of Youths: A Study of Dalit life . 151
• Caste is the major factor in education • References.
14. Representing the life of a Dalit: A Study of G. Kalyan Rao’s Untouchable Spring . 159
Index . 169
www.gyanbooks.com is not be responsible for typing or photographical mistake if any. Prices are subject to change without notice.
© 2003-19 GYAN BOOKS PRIVATE LIMITED. All Rights Reserved.
Last updated: 20-Mar-2019 Designed by IndiaPRIDE.com